Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Multicast on LAN for IPTV

hello there, i'm in trouble to setting up Multicast Network on LAN 

could you please help me to understand multicast on Layer 2 Network. actually i have IPTV network on hotel, total i have 277 IPTV on LAN and IPTV is reside on same Subnet, i have total 14 IDF, from each IDF to core i have fiber link, on edge Switch i have HP 2920 G 24 port and at Core HP 5920 Fiber Switch. the IPTV Server (satellite Streamer )  is connected to Core Switch all TV are on same subnet. so i wanted to implement multicast on LAN to reduce unicast traffic. i have read some document just needs to enable IGMP snooping on all switch, but i also read you need to have one device which will act IGMP querier, could you please advise me what exactly i need to configure in this scenario? thanks hope to see you soon

22 Replies 22

Hello,

All settings are in place as they should, with SG300 switch set as a querier.

The issue is coming where if the channels load exceed 100mbps on the switch, they begin to freeze.

If I reduce the iptv channels from the headend, and the load is about 98mbps, they stream fine.

Is this an issue with the switch that it cannot perform with a load more than 100mbps?

Could i know what is the reason that you configured PIM-SM on your core switch? As for my understanding PIM is used for multicast routing, if we are putting the multicast source and the multicast receiver into the same vlan, do we still need to configure PIM on the core switch?

If the multicast source and receivers are all in the same VLAN then you don't need to configured PIM since that is a multicast dynamic routing protocol between VLANs or layer-3 segments. You will need to configure an IGMP Querier on the VLAN though.

Hi

I have same issue can you share to me config file, 

Regards

Taher

Hello,

what exactly is your setup ?

Could you please help me to understand multicast on LAN Network.

• Actually I have IPTV network on hotel-400 rooms,
  • Total I have 380 rooms with LG IPTV on LAN and IPTV is reside on same Subnet,
  • I have total 9 IDF, from each IDF to core i have MM-fiber link, on edge Switches
  • I have Huawei PoE 48 port and at Core Huawei Fiber Switch.
  • The IPTV Server (Triple Play) is connected to Core Switch all TV are on same subnet. 10.10.0.xx/24
  •  i needs to enable IGMP snooping on all switch, also act IGMP querier,
  • could you please advise me what exactly I need to configure in this scenario?

Or if you can share me your configuration I might get success to do config.

Thanks

Taher

and we replacing all Huawei switches to Cisco switches
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card