cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone 7945 L2/L3 failed on certain switch

chinpohpang851
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 cisco 7945 ip phone can't get L2/L3 working when attached to 1 particular switch but it works on other switch. I just don get it why it won't work on that particular switch. Switch port config is correct.

What I noticed:

7945 phone MAC is not found in CAM table;

speed is a-100 but on other switch is a-1000;

8 Replies 8

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What are the switch models? what is the switch pot config? What is the poe status on both switches?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

catalyst 2960s, port config just switchport voice vlan 40, spanning-tree portfast, POE is default

Hi,

Are the switches configured the same and is the software version the same? check that vlan 40 is working properly on the switch. 

What is the error on the phone? is it stuck on "configuring IP" or "registering".

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Other 7495 phones on the switch are fine except for this one. Phone is unregistered status.

Is the phone getting a valid IP address or not?

i can see the IP in Settings but i believe that's the config from previous port at another location. Can't ping that IP, can't see MAC from CAM also.

Can you try factory-reset the phone?

I try not to. But this phone can work on other switch. i'm confused.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card