cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip phones do not start after rebooting (Switch 4510)

Hi.

I'm having some trouble with a 4510 Switch Line Card. I need some recomendations for troubleshooting it.

We have some PoE phones connected to the card number 3. When those phones were restarted, they did not go up again. In order to discard wiring issues, we connected the phone directly to the card 3, and the phone did not go up. If the phone is connected to a different card, it goes up correctly.

Additionally, to restore the service, these phones were migrated to other cards, but when we disconnect the equipment, ports in line card 3 remain in an up / up state (and nothing is connected to those ports!!), and only reflect the actual state after restarting the port.

What steps could I do in order to troubleshoot this issue?. What should I look for, or how do I discriminate the problem? Might it be a hardware issue, a PoE issue?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try reseating the line card than run a diagnostic on it.

Also, have a look at this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a0080134734.shtml

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try reseating the line card than run a diagnostic on it.

Also, have a look at this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a0080134734.shtml

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the switch, can you post the following output:

1.  sh inventory;

2.  sh power inline mod 3; and

3.  sh log

Thanks everyone for your help.

One of the main things that are usually performed when working with 4510 Switches is to reseat line cards, since it is a common problem found on them. We did it and it helped.

Nevertheless, the main problem is that there's a bug related to IOS version 03.02.00 SG, that has to do with blocking the line card; so, we will need to upgrade the IOS version to solve this issue. (CSCts67025: affects WS-X45-SUP7-E supervisors running 03.02.00.SG--- affects line cards in the WS-X47xx series)

Thank you very much for your answers!!

Fabio.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card