Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Sla Load Balancing using Security License

harleyacha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All Cisco Experts,

I Just have a query about my newly purchased Router 1921, I bought the router with additional security license because i thought security license

has a IP SLA (ICMP-ECHO) feature as per http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/SearchBySoftware.jsp 

Version:

Model: Cisco 1921
Version 15.4(3)M3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
License: Secutity

But I cannot config Ip Sla Properly:

R3
ip sla 1                                  ------------------------------------------------------------> I cannot set IP SLA Number
icmp-echo 192.168.20.2 source-interface fa0/0
frequency 10 timeout 6000
exit
ip sla schedule 1 start-time now life forever
track 10 ip sla 1 / track 10 rtr 1
exit
config t
track 10 ip sla 1 reachability / track 10 rtr 1 reachability
exit

Regards,

Harley Acha

3 Replies 3

Hello Harley,

there was a similar question earlier from somebody else about the exact same issue. The feature navigator suggests that the security license supports IP SLA probes, but in reality, it only supports SLA responders, which means, a router with the security license can respond to probes, but you cannot configure probes. In order to configure probes, you need the data license (or Security & Data).

Hi George,

I really thought it will work , I've already purchased the additional security license hoping i can load balanced our to ISp as I have checked It in Cisco legal page; http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/SearchBySoftware.jsp

Is there any possible way i can return the security license to our supplier and change it to data license with out any cost?

Thanks and regards,

Harley Acha

Hello Harley,

these are the terms & conditions for the Feature Navigator:

The information provided on the Cisco Feature Navigator is provided "AS IS", with no warranties of any kind attached to the information, any reliance by customer upon the information, shall be at customer's own risk. Cisco Feature Navigator is a tool provided by Cisco to assist Cisco's customers in identifying which Features are in Cisco software. Cisco assumes no liability for the information contained on this site.

I would get with your supplier and see what your options are.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card