Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA NOT WORKING ON CISCO 1905 ROUTER

Hi,

i am using cisco 1905 series router in my office, i have two internet links in that router.

The problem is that i am not able to configure IP sla in that router.

Below are model and IOS image of that router.

Model- CISCO1905/K9

IOS: c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin

its showing below option only.

srbi_shillong(config)#ip sla ?
  key-chain  Use MD5 authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages
  responder  Enable IP SLAs Responder

can anyone tell me which IOS will support IP sla in that router?

Thanks in advance..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nikolasgeyer
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

You need the DATA license installed on the router. The IP Base license only provides IP SLA responder functionality as you are seeing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nikolasgeyer
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

You need the DATA license installed on the router. The IP Base license only provides IP SLA responder functionality as you are seeing.

Thank you..

Just wanted know one more thing.

do we need to purchase that DATA license for this router or can i get it from cisco sites.

any specific IOS version for that?

Thanks...

Hi,

Yes you need to purchase the license. Also my apologies, the DATA license has been replaced by the AppX license (as per http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eos-eol-notice-c51-730945.html) so the part number you need is SL-19-APP-K9.

I would also recommend upgrading from the IOS 15.1M release train to 15.3M or 15.4M. IOS 15.1M and 15.2M has entered the End of Life (EOL) process (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/ios-15-1m-t/end_of_life_notice_c51-717651.html), with no further software development/bug fixes etc. being performed on the 15.1M release train.

Thanks Nikolas for giving me such a big information.... 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco