Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Guys,

I have already ordered a Cisco ISR 1921/K9.    but as i read on cisco website, it is written that Cisco 1921/K9 only support  (IP SLA Responder) feature.

I dont know actually wat is sla-responder.  but our requirement is we will connect that Router 1921/K9  into 2-ISP links and i want to enable  IP-SLA probes on that router so that it can track  both the routes into those isp links.      so my question is  does  CISCO 1921/K9  have the support for what i need ?

How about  Cisco 1921-SEC/K9 ? please let me know about its security Bundle  does it support  my requirement or how ?

1 Reply 1

AhmedSonba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Imran,

For starters the IP SLA Responder is optional feature that can be enabled on the remote router; it is some sort of software component that runs on the Cisco router or switch.  It is used to allow the source and destination to give you clean and most accurate result of the IP SLA test.

It is a rather optional feature but it will be needed when you configure IP SLA for jitter measurement

As for the support for the IP SLA configuration on you IOS license is universal

And you will need an advance IP license for support IP SLA

Can please post the sh licence to confirm that

Hope it will help

Ahmed Sonba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card