Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSLA conf auto erasing

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a Cisco 2811 device running with "c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-22.T2.bin" we have configured failover mechanism in to the same chassi.

ip sla 1

icmp-echo  <isp ip>  source-ip  <ip address>

threshold 2500

frequency 120

timeout 3000

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

once the device is rebooting the same configuration is erracing automatically more over even if we configure source ip after saving the same is changing surce IP as 0.0.0.0

Kindly comment on the exact issue on the device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that one looks ok no sofware defect alert so you should be ok

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Check its corectly saved in startup with below to see if config saved

#more nvram:startup-config

check your config register is set to 2102

also have you tried a newer image thats very old you may be hitting a bug

Hi Mark,

I have checked the mentioned things , the same is saving in the NVRAM as well the conf reg val is proper it is 0x2102 only.Kindly help me to know which version i can go for upgradation as the cisco suggested version is not available .The " cisco2811" i s unde EOL and EOS..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eol_c51-631228.html

Kindly suggest on above.

You can still download the images online it is EOL alright but there still up there link below on the site to download.

i would go for a v15 but you may need a DRAM increase depending what your hardware has as the older 2811 images only required 256/64 / newer images require 512/128

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279120799&softwareid=280805680&release=15.1.4M4

Hi Marks,

The suggested 15.1.4M4 which is having software advisary.Kindly let me know the  stayable version.

Your just going to have to check them , there EOL whats there is what you have choice with Cisco are not making anymore , i dont have any 2811s there to test , end of life so i cant have them in operation

If there all software advisory you will just have to take a chance , thats the problem with having equipment software out of support

Hi Mark,

Kindly let me know "c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M10.bin" is it stayable version.Even this version is having same DRAM/FLASH space which is meeting my requirement.

Please suggest on the above. 

Yes that one looks ok no sofware defect alert so you should be ok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card