cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is C6807 SUP6T mgmt0 an out-of-band interface ?

todd.hsieh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I ask if SUP6T mgmt0 an out-of-band interface ? How can I set a static/default route providing remote access for mgmt0 ?

Thanks!

Todd   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Basically you don't need internal-routing on your device (because it is an isolated port) . The only place where you might need routing is on the rest of your switched-intranet (in order to be able to reach the particular ip-address) depending on how it is setup.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- mgmt0 is usually configured with a separate management VRF  and ip address. Whether you need a static route once it get's a connection on your 'normal network' depends on the reach ability of the designated address for your operator-equipment.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce1000,

Thank you.

So I guess I can config a static route like this way. Am I right ?

(config)#ip route vrf Mgmt-vrf 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 mgmt 0

Regards,

Todd

- Basically you don't need internal-routing on your device (because it is an isolated port) . The only place where you might need routing is on the rest of your switched-intranet (in order to be able to reach the particular ip-address) depending on how it is setup.

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card