cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to assign specific ports on a switch to a specific broadband connection?

Kamilt123
Level 1
Level 1

Basically we have two 4G mobile broadband routers and one Cisco SF300 24 port switch. I was wondering where it is possible to have both 4G routers connected to the switch and configure the switch so that anything connected to ports 1-12 uses 4G router A and anything connected to ports 13-24 uses 4G router B?

Tried searching online and the only thing that I managed to find is about changing the IP addresses of both routers and then assign specific IPs to each device connected to the port depending which router i want to use. 

Many thanks for your help in advance.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NathanLKoch
Level 1
Level 1

I by no means am an expert.  You would want to create two different vlans and then assign them to the switchports. Then you would assign two ports for your broadband links and then somehow configure them to route through the different broadband interfaces. You may also be able to create 1vlan and load balance between the two broadband interfaces but I think loadbalancing needs ent binary's.

---------------------
"Fortune favors the brave."
▊▊▊

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

NathanLKoch
Level 1
Level 1

I by no means am an expert.  You would want to create two different vlans and then assign them to the switchports. Then you would assign two ports for your broadband links and then somehow configure them to route through the different broadband interfaces. You may also be able to create 1vlan and load balance between the two broadband interfaces but I think loadbalancing needs ent binary's.

---------------------
"Fortune favors the brave."
▊▊▊

Hi @NathanLKoch 

Yeah I guess this makes sense, I'm just struggling to get this configured within the web interface. This is all new to me :(

Thanks for your help tho. 

lucasfreitas83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kamilt123,

I think you can put a different range IP in 4G modems and separate by vlans.

Also, it is possible to create a PBR for change traffic by source.

I am not sure this is what you need, but it can be away.

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

Hi @lucasfreitas83 

Thanks for your advice however, I have now managed to get it working as per @NathanLKoch's post. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card