cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to make a WISM Service module to not do Auto-LAG ...Ever?

andrew.potter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at the release notes here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a00808330a9.shtml#config where it says

"Note: When you have a WiSM installed on a switch that runs Cisco IOS                 Software Release 12.2.33SXI, defining a Port-Channel manually on the switch and                 applying it to the gigabit interfaces does not work. Auto-lag must be                 used."

this forces me to use the "wism module <slot> controller <1 or 2>  " to configure the channel. 

How do we do advanced port configurations like "mls qos" and "wrr-queue..." commands on these channels or the physical ports?

Is there a way with this release of IOS to not do automatic LAG?

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andrew,

the internal port-channels towards the two processors of the WISM will be LACP, no other way as far as I know.

Regarding QoS you can trust the frames received using:

Enter this command to configure the QoS trust for the             interface as reported in the document you have linked:

wism module  controller 1 qos-trust dscp

using LACP should be an advantage for some aspects

Hope to help
Giuseppe

>>the internal port-channels towards the two processors of the WISM will be LACP, no other way as far as I know.

Thats not  what I was asking.   I  know that the WISM requires etherchannel with no way to turn it off like on a 4404.     I am not trying to do that.

In versions of IOS prior to 12.2.33SXI, we created port channels manually to the WISM  the same way you would on a ethernet line card module.

After 12.2.33SXI, you MUST use the supervisor "auto-LAG" feature which automatically creates the port channel with a seemingly random port channel number.    All configuration to the port channel and the underlying GigE ports are done by the "wism" command on the supervisor.

I am hoping (perhaps in vain) that we can get the flexibility we had in older versions of 6k IOS.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card