Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSU for 93180YC-EX

Hello all,

I wanted to ask if this document is still accurate regarding ISSU and its relation to the switching hardware that supports it.  We have a pair of 93180YC-EX configured as vPC peers in addition to other vPC connected network equipment and would like to perform an ISSU but I need to confirm if it's supported or not.  Thanks in advance for the feedback.  Here is the URL to the document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/white-paper-c11-737076.html

Terence

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ISSU upgrading with vPC works ok and tested myself. - make sure is there any FEX connected.

Make aware of single home device, while one switches the reboot part of the upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your response.  We are using FEXs but they aren't using vPC; rather, they are dual-homed to the same 9K.  However, I would like to know if the model of Nexus we have will support ISSU according to the document in the provided URL of my original post.  Does this model support ISSU or not?

Terence

Not sure what is your exiting verison in production, and what version you like to upgrade using ISSU

here is release notes and it supports your model.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x_c...

BB

We are running version 7.0(3)I7(2) and would like to upgrade to 7.0(3)I7(6).  I have reviewed the release notes and ISSU is supported for the version I want to upgrade to but the release notes doesn't tell me if my hardware model is supported which is what I'm trying to find out.  According to the URL in my original post, the 93180YC-EX isn't listed but that was last updated back in 2018.  Is this still the case?

Terence

The one provided in my last post and updated in 2019. so you have an answer now.

BB

Yes you are correct.  I'll mark that response as correct.

Thanks.

Terence

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card