Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue to apply Policy of Qos to divide traffic internet link

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team

I'm trying to configure QoS to divide the bandwidth to two subnets, the link is 10 Mb and this is what I set:

class-map match-all HOTEL_ADMON

match access-group 20

class-map match-all GUEST

match access-group 10

class-map match-all PoliceGuest

match access-group 101

!

!

policy-map DIV

class HOTEL_ADMON

bandwidth percent 40

shape average 4000000

class GUEST

bandwidth percent 60

shape average 6000000

class class-default

shape average 10000000

policy-map PoliceInbound

class PoliceGuest

police cir percent 60

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

description INTERNET

bandwidth 10000

Gw_GARDEN_2901#sh policy-map

Policy Map DIV

Class HOTEL_ADMON

bandwidth 40 (%)

Average Rate Traffic Shaping

cir 4000000 (bps)

Class GUEST

bandwidth 60 (%)

cir 6000000 (bps)

Class class-default

cir 10000000 (bps)

Policy Map PoliceInbound

Class PoliceGuest

police cir percent 60

conform-action transmit

exceed-action drop

When I apply the policy in the interface WAN,  I get this error:

router (config-if) # service-policy output DIV

Insufficient bandwidth 10000 kbps bandwidth for the percent (60%) guarantee

Do you know what happens?, Why can not apply this policy?

Thank you

Regards

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Generally all classes can't exceed 100% (you've allocated 40% for HOTEL_ADMON, and class-default's bandwidth is?).

Also, pre-HQF restricts non-class-default aggregate bandwidth to 75%, unless overridden with an interface command.  Post HQF required, I think 1% for class-default.

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

Se debe asignar el 75 % del total de ancho de banda entre los segmentos que se requiera dividir, a mi me funcionó colocando para administrativos el 40% y para los huespedes solo el 35%.

Espero les sirva.

Saludos

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You've assigned 40% + 60% = 100% to your named classes.  Default class needs bandwidth too.  How much depends on whether your IOS is pre or post HQF QoS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card