Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue upgrade IOS from web interface on C2960

Guillaume
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to downgrade my switch to make a procedure for the configuration and upgrade for our installations.

I'm beginning by make a minimal configuration, try to upgrade using the web interface and it's ok.

Happy , I'm trying to downgrade to make my screenshot and documentation but the first step of the upgrade (Loading of the tar file to the switch) still ongoing since at least one hour.

Can I interrupt it to try again ?

how could I downgrade my IOS (I have only the swich connected to a computer nothing else for my tests) ?

Thank you per advance for your help

3 Replies 3

Guillaume
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have finaly reload my switch. I try again this method and it doesn't work by the web interface while it's like that I have made the first time.

Somebody have an idea to solve my problem and permit me to upgrade ios from the web interface ?

Not alot of people use the HTML to upgrade Cisco Catalyst switches.

Things to check:

1.  Do you have a TFTP server?

2.  Can the switch ping the TFTP server?

3.  Is the file location correctly configured on the TFTP server?

4.  If you are using the HTML method, make sure the IOS file is a TAR file.

If you want to do CLI, let us know.

When I does the test I hadn't TFTP server. My purpose was to do an update using the web interface of the switch in order to avoid journey across the country but it seem that is solution who is not sure

Since I have install a TFTP server on the computer of my model and try to upgrade from this way and it's work.

Thank you for your answer , network tasks are far away in my mind (at leat ten years ! )

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card