Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with VLANs and Cisco IP Phone

MaximeLEBALCH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm actually encountering an issue with VLANs and Cisco IP Phone.

I've configured one VLAN on all ports of a Cisco 2960 and another one on another Cisco 2960.

The Cisco IP Phone is plugged on the first switch with its PC Interface and on the second one with its SW Interface.

Both ports on each switch are considered in error. I think there is a loopback between VLANs but I don't know how to resolve it.

Could you help me to solve this issue ?

Thanks and best regards,

Maxime.

PS : I'm sorry for my English but I'm not a native speaker.

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

why did you choose to link it this way ? just put the phone into switchport of the first 2960 and attach PC to the phone

and do a trunk to the other 2960.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

This scheme seems to be unfamiliar but in fact its created to detect networking issues in a firm.

In this case, users see somethimes a cable from the phone wich isn't connected to a final device and they plug this cable on a network outlet. So I can have two cases :

- This outlet is directly connected to the same switch where is located the IP Phone and the port is automatically shut down.

- This outlet is connected to another switch with the same VLANs but I can't guess if ports are shut down on each switch or if a loopback is created through the network.

This second case interests me and that's why I'm asking about this issue.

Regards,

Maxime.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card