cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

its about the wreshark

rizkylase1
Level 1
Level 1

hy guys, i got a litle problem when using wireshark to analyst packet on my 3G HUawey broadband modem...

it doesnt show any packet at all..

so, whats wrong with me.. (lol)

i mean my wireshark configuration, did i must make a change before?

thanks for your help by D way

rizky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicholas DiNofrio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rizky;

Based on my experience and knowledge there are no initial configuration changes you will need after the initial install of Wireshark and WinPcap (comes bundled with Wireshark) in order to capture packets.  You will however, need to select the 3G HUawey broadband modem adapter (may be listed by model) to define which interface you would like Wireshark to start listening for packet capture.  

I recommend to download and install the latest version of Wireshark so you can get the latest version of WinPcap.   Please keep in mind that I do not have the same network adapter to directly test against, however, this information may be useful to help you get started to capture packets. 

Source: 

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapCapturingSection.html
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapInterfaceSection.html#ChCapCaptureInterfacesDialogWin32

The Interface List is at the top left-corner of Wireshark's main window, under the Capture heading, upon starting/opening the program, please feel free to see the attachment for visual reference.   Once you click on this section a pop-up window will display providing a list of your network adapters that are loaded on the computer detected by WinPcap protocol driver.  Place a check in the box to select the network adapter you want to capture packets on, then click on the Start button. In a few seconds you should start seeing entries as packets are seen "on the wire" by your host computer at the selected interface.

If you are still not seeing any captured data you may need to disconnect from a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection and disconnect network cables so that traffic does not go to a different interface in which Wireshark is not set to capture.

Hope this is able to help lead to resolving your inquiry.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ummmm ... This is a Cisco website.  If you need help with Wireshark with Huawey product, the you need to go to WireShark or Huawey.

Nicholas DiNofrio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rizky;

Based on my experience and knowledge there are no initial configuration changes you will need after the initial install of Wireshark and WinPcap (comes bundled with Wireshark) in order to capture packets.  You will however, need to select the 3G HUawey broadband modem adapter (may be listed by model) to define which interface you would like Wireshark to start listening for packet capture.  

I recommend to download and install the latest version of Wireshark so you can get the latest version of WinPcap.   Please keep in mind that I do not have the same network adapter to directly test against, however, this information may be useful to help you get started to capture packets. 

Source: 

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapCapturingSection.html
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapInterfaceSection.html#ChCapCaptureInterfacesDialogWin32

The Interface List is at the top left-corner of Wireshark's main window, under the Capture heading, upon starting/opening the program, please feel free to see the attachment for visual reference.   Once you click on this section a pop-up window will display providing a list of your network adapters that are loaded on the computer detected by WinPcap protocol driver.  Place a check in the box to select the network adapter you want to capture packets on, then click on the Start button. In a few seconds you should start seeing entries as packets are seen "on the wire" by your host computer at the selected interface.

If you are still not seeing any captured data you may need to disconnect from a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection and disconnect network cables so that traffic does not go to a different interface in which Wireshark is not set to capture.

Hope this is able to help lead to resolving your inquiry.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card