cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IWAN mitigation-mode, what does it do?

pdub206
Level 1
Level 1

I'm investigating the various configuration options for IWAN and have run into one setting that does not appear to be clearly defined.  Based on this configuration guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/pfrv3/configuration/xe-16-6/pfrv3-xe-16-6-book/pfrv3.html

It appears that the option mitigation-mode is available for the hub master controller, but I don't know what it does.  Based on various articles it enables an aggressive brownout monitor.  I can't find much information on others who have implemented this feature or what benefit it might add.

Does anyone know a good guide on the use of mitigation-mode, or an explanation on its use case? I've searched through CVD's for just "mitigation" and usually only get one result which is the output of "show domain <domain> master status".

Throwing packets since 2012
1 Reply 1

pdub206
Level 1
Level 1

TAC notes that enabling this feature changes the behavior of failover to use the old method of PFRv2, which moves all traffic classes over at once.  With PFRv3 (IWAN), the feature is disabled by default and only a few traffic-classes are moved at a time to see if that makes things any better.  It can take slightly longer to failover all traffic-classes if left disabled.

Based on this I don't think I would enable this feature unless I had a very good reason to.

Throwing packets since 2012
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: