Views
Helpful
Replies

join 3750x into 3750G stack

Michel Derycke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to join a 3750X in an existing 3750G stack.

My stack was running IOS 122-50.SE2 (ip base) so I upgraded to 150-2.SE4 (ip base), seen the fact that the 12.2(50) is not supported on a 3750X.

Of course, I updated to 3750X to the same ios version, but went from universal to ip base.

Now, I get license warning on the 3750X and is not joining the stack at all.

Could anyone please assist?

Thank you for your help!

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Try loading universal image on your 3750X.  (Mixed feature sets work on same series in stack, I think they do too for mixed series in a stack.)

That was my first idea, but even then, I'm still getting the License warning...

Any suggestions?

This is the error I get:

*Mar  1 00:00:07.314: Read env variable - LICENSE_BOOT_LEVEL = ipbase
Mar 30 01:27:43.108: %IOS_LICENSE_IMAGE_APPLICATION-6-LICENSE_LEVEL: Module name = c3750x Next reboot level = lanbase and License = No valid license found
Mar 30 01:27:57.662: %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization.  This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms.  If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information

This is the license info: I assume something went wrong? Even when I select license boot leven ipbase, it's not solved...

Switch#show license detail
Index: 1        Feature: ipbase                            Version: 1.0
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA not accepted
            Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days
            Evaluation period left: 8  weeks 4  days
            Period used: 0  minute  0  second
        License Priority: None
        License Count: Non-Counted
        Store Index: 2
        Store Name:

Index: 2        Feature: ipbase                            Version: 1.0
        License Type: PermanentRightToUse
        License State: Inactive
        Store Index: 3
        Store Name:

Index: 3        Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA not accepted
            Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days
            Evaluation period left: 8  weeks 4  days
        Store Index: 0
        Store Name:

Index: 4        Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0
        License Type: PermanentRightToUse
        License State: Inactive
        Store Index: 1
        Store Name:

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I haven't (yet) needed to debug 3560X/3750X licensing, but it looks to me your 3750X may believe it's only licensed for LANBASE.  I recall LANBASE IOS versions may have some stacking restrictions.

Apparently, the 3750X won't boot with an ios release 15 and keeps on complaining about the license, even when I explicitly boot the ipbase image.

Seen the fact that it's a fully supported image, I suppose this is a bug??

Going back to e.q. 122-58.SE2 works like a charm! ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card