Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

joining 3560 gi0/1 to etherchannel rejected

Hello guys, yesterday I had to add my old 3560 switch to my production again and connect it tr nk mode with 2960 switch.

And due to the old 3560 ports are 10/100 only while 2960 is 10/100/1000 I thought about making portchannel involves the 3560 uplinks that are g0/1 and g0/2.

When is start configuring the port channel at the 3560 using any protocol of port aggregation it says message means that "adding gi0/1 to port channel 5 rejected as it is part of another portchannel!!!!!!!!".

Is there any limitations in port channels related to 3560 uplink? How to configure this trunk portchannel???? And what is this portchannel that gi0/1 is member of?????

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do a "sh etherchannel summary" on your switch and that should show you what etherchannels you currently have configured.

Jon

View solution in original post

The uplink ports are the same as all other ports.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ports have to be the same speed on both ends of the link.  I would have though they would have both negotiated 100Mb/s and it would be ok.

Are you sure you have the same port group and mode configured on the two ports on the 3560?

Yes brother, are in the same group . but I have question plz.. These ports are the 3560 uplins gigs, can they be configured just like any other ports of the switch or being the switch uplinks theyae different?

The uplink ports are the same as all other ports.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do a "sh etherchannel summary" on your switch and that should show you what etherchannels you currently have configured.

Jon

Bro. This is  the uplink of the 3560sw and it,s not part of any etherhannel!!!

Yes but your switch is telling you it is part of an etherchannel which is why I suggested running that command.

Jon

U r right, but this is the case. Sorry for the confusion. That,s why I asked if the switch uplinks have any issues or facts I don,t know with other channels.

Solved guys, was just au all said just after resetting the ports and mode double check.

Thank you phill and Jon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco