cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Just did a factory reset all using IOS XE 16.09.03 and I still cannot get rid of these error messages

I am continually receiving these messages:

*Apr 13 17:53:48.255: %CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch discover ed on TenGigabitEthernet1/0/1 (1), with Cisco-3750-x-stack GigabitEthernet2/0/30 (4).

Once you do a factory reset all it is supposed to move all configuration.   When I boot using boot flash:cat9k_iosxe.16.09.03.SPA.bin.   I still the the message above.   What am I missing what else do I need to do to remove all previous configuration.   

The switch is a C9300-24UX-E.

THx

Bryan

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what command you have tried here is reset :

factory-reset { all | config | boot-vars }

Syntax Description
all

Removes all the data from the device, including configuration data, crash information, log files, boot variables, core files, IOS images including the current boot image.

config
Removes all the configuration data, including user data, startup, and running configuration.

boot-vars
Resets boot variables.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Either disconnect the port or enable VLAN 4 on that link.

@Leo Laohoo wrote:
Either disconnect the port or enable VLAN 4 on that link.

I don't have any ports connected.

conf t
default int ten 1/0/1
int ten 1/0/1
shut
no shut
end

joseph.h.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

To reset these switches to factory defaults, you need to delete the startup configuration and the vlan.dat file. Try deleting vlan.dat on your Cisco 3750 switch.  See link, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2900-xl-series-switches/24328-156.html

Cat2950# dir flash:
Cat2950# delete flash:vlan.dat 

I did a dir of flash: and there is no vlan.dat file on the switch.    Which is expected since I did a factory reset all.

Any other ideas.

@joseph.h.nguyen wrote:

To reset these switches to factory defaults, you need to delete the startup configuration and the vlan.dat file. Try deleting vlan.dat on your Cisco 3750 switch.  See link, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2900-xl-series-switches/24328-156.html

Cat2950# dir flash:
Cat2950# delete flash:vlan.dat 

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Basically, there will two reasons for the CDP mismatch as VLAN number mismatch at both ends or CDP version miss match on both devices. As you don't have connected any device on the switch but it is still giving the error message then:

1.  Try to disable/shut the management port.

2. update IOS version. Maybe bug.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

@Deepak Kumar wrote:

Hi,

Basically, there will two reasons for the CDP mismatch as VLAN number mismatch at both ends or CDP version miss match on both devices. As you don't have connected any device on the switch but it is still giving the error message then:

1.  Try to disable/shut the management port.

2. update IOS version. Maybe bug.

Hi Deepak,

I have tried a couple versions of iOS and all have this problem.   I am not sure how disabling / shutting the management port would help given the error message.   Also, how do I do that?

Thx

Bryan

Keep in mind that when you reset your IOS XE, your native VLAN ID is 1 while your 3750 native VLAN ID is 4.  Referring back to earlier post, you have to configure one of them to match so both need to be native vlan 1 or 4 or another arbitrary number.  If you want to change 3750 native vlan, see link https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/vlan-dot1q-tag-native-on-catalyst-3750/td-p/3704122

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card