Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2NAT within Same switch

Hello,

I need to deal with the situation with L2NAT on the same switch. Where 2 PC are on same L2 Switch with different range of IP Address and I want PCB to be seen as 10.0.0.1 to PCA, can anyone let me know, is it possible to do that, I believe no, but wants feedback on this

Himanshu_Dwivedi_1-1705038536813.png

20 Replies 20

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m22Hu86AsJU

Check this

You can I think config l2nat in same SW but you need svi as gw.

Anyway check video 

Goodluck 

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the below document that should work :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/industrial/software/configuration/guide/b_l2_nat_ie.html

Are you testing using PC and any PLC ?

int G1/1 is connected to PCB  - where is PC A connected ?

can you post full configuration of IE switch - what IOS running on it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I am testing PC TO PC and PCÀ is connected to Fa1/1 Port. Presently I am not in front of switch, but I am trying on packet tracer, I will share you the configuration of the switch from packet tracer.

Thanks for your suggestion, it now worked as per below topology and below configuration

Himanshu_Dwivedi_1-1705217642497.png

l2nat instance TEST

instance-id 1

fixup arp

fixup icmp

inside from host 192.168.1.1 to 10.0.0.2

outside from host 10.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.2

int G1/2

l2nat TEST

I am testing PC TO PC and PCÀ is connected to Fa1/1 Port. Presentl

I believe there is limitation fas1/1 port to use for the solution you looking to deploy, check the document it only works Gi1/1 and 1/2 i guess.

But  Glad you able to resolve the issue, suggestion was helpful.  if this is resolve - kindly mark as resolved so future any community member having issue  can refer this solution. thank you for sharing the solution

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes I do agree it works only on Gi interfaces that is why I have applied L2 NAT on Gi1/2 and Fas1/1 as normal access port. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card