cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP between 4500 Virtual switch and 2960 X stack

Goaks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with LACP between 2960x and 4500 please find relevant information in attached file.

any assistance would be appreciated.

updates and reboots are a last resort to the prod systems which I haven't undertaken as yet.

I was hoping that there maybe a known issue or a simple reset command that does not constitute an outage. I have reseated the cable on the port to no avail.

thank you.

7 Replies 7

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

The config looks like ok. There was a bug on 2960x. To validate this, can you please change the port-channel in mode on instead of lacp?
Let me know the result by changing it.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I will try and let you know. thank you for your response and suggestion.

suspect the glitch you mention may have been the cause though I cannot confirm. a power cycle of the 2 switches seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you.

andresfr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Goaks,

As commented by Francesco, there are some bugs for the 2960-X that could be related to the issue that you're reporting and that are specific to etherchannels configured with LACP.

Just to mention a couple:

3750 - Not Processing LACP PDUs if Native VLAN is not created
CSCuu16044

Port-channel goes down on 15.2(3)E2
CSCuw94688

Since one of the conditions is that the affected port-channel is using LACP, changing to 'channel-group 1 mode on' could be considered a workaround.

Let's know is the recommendation given by Francesco did work for you.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply I will check it out and let you guys know. much appreciate it.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
*    1 52    WS-C2960X-48FPD-L         15.2(2.4)E1ES         C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M
     2 52    WS-C2960X-48FPD-L         15.2(2.4)E1ES         C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M
     3 52    WS-C2960X-48FPD-L         15.2(2.4)E1ES         C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M
     4 52    WS-C2960X-48FPD-L         15.2(2.4)E1ES         C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M

Whao!  Hold on.  The stack is running an "engineering special" code. 

Can you try to configure the Etherchannel mode to "ON" (instead of "active")?  If this works, then the issue is "related to" CSCva22545.

Hi,

good pickup yes it was a special edition. I will try the suggestion, it was made earlier, I expect that this will disrupt comms hence I am waiting for an outage window.

much appreciate your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco