cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP Configurations on 6509

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all, I have been looking around the community to resolve an issue on creating Ehter Channel connections between my 6509 and a server that uses Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 4 to create NIC Teaming.

I have found various configuration settings that revolve around similar settings but in some cases items are left out or included that I may or may not need.

Our setup is 2 servers that are to connect to 2 6509s.

Each 6509 has ports g9/17, g9/19, g9/21 and g9/23 allocated for use.

The idea is to have switch A connect to the first 2 and B connect to the second 2 on both 6509s.

Ports 9/17 and 9/19 are to be configured for LACP to create Ether Channels.

Does anyone have a good document to refere me to so I can create the configurations?

So far I have:

int g9/17

no ip address

channel-protocol lacp

channel-group 1 mode active

lacp port-priority 1           

I have seen other configurations that create the int procotol channel first, then trunking, which we don't think we need.

The addition of the native VLAN plus the server VLAN that the server resides on.

I really need to know when to use which type of configuration.

ej

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Normally you would configure the member ports first and make sure they have compatible configuration. If you want to run it in L2 mode and with only one VLAN then set the member ports to access and into the correct VLAN. Something like:

conf t

int range gi9/17 , gi9/19

switchport

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan x

channel-protocol lacp

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Normally you would configure the member ports first and make sure they have compatible configuration. If you want to run it in L2 mode and with only one VLAN then set the member ports to access and into the correct VLAN. Something like:

conf t

int range gi9/17 , gi9/19

switchport

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan x

channel-protocol lacp

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

We setup the int port-channel 1 with trunking and then setup the individual interfaces similar to what you have.

I 'll have to check on the config because that was a couple of days ago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card