Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP Etherchannel between 4500X and 6807 Catalyst switches

sina.naser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I wanna configure LACP etherchannel between 4500X and 6807 Catalyst switches. But it does not work. The etherchannel is L2 and has 4 10G ports. BTW mode on works successfuly. But it's not desired. both switches are VSS pair. I upgraded both switches to Cisco suggested IOS-XE version but the problem didn't solved.

I tried all order of configuraion:

• First create port-channel and then add channel-group under physical
  • And vice versa: Add channel-group command under physical interface and then configuring the port-channel

In both cases the 'sh etherc su' command show me suspended state.

Any idea might help.

Tnx in advance

12 Replies 12

Hello,

most likely you are trying to build the port channel between non-compatible modules. What cards are you using for the port channel ?

You can also try:

VSS(config)# interface port-channel X

VSS(config-if)# no mls qos channel-consistency

the linecard of 6807 switch that I use for etherchannel is C6800-8P10G-XL

Hello,

the switch logs should tell you why the ports are not bundling. do you see anything in there ?

What if you configure:

no port-channel standalone-disable

Do all individual interfaces remain suspended ?

After this command the output of 'sh etherc su' indicates 'I' not suspended

Hello
Are these directly connected or interconnected via fibre risers?
Have you tried using statc PC or even PAGP instead of LACP

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

They are connected through LC-LC patch panel. Mode on (static) port-channel works without problem. B\the problem is with LACP and PAGP

Hello.

it probably has something to do with the switch virtual domain/switch virtual link config. What do you have configured under the port channel interfaces and the VSS member switches ?

They are all default configuration. Nothing special.

Hello @sinaa._.ak 
I do remember having the same issue myself in which the PC didn’t come up when using link aggregation negotiation,  I did manage to fix but I cannot think how!
Would you be able to share the PC configuration for both the 6500/4500 PC please, maybe that would jog my memory?

Just one thing, have you manually stipulated the LACP protocol on the physical interfaces?
int x/x
channel-protocol LACP

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

hi

'channel-protocl LACP' does not solved the issue.

Hello
Can you share your present interface and port-channel configuration also the output from the following:
show etherchannel detail
show etherchannel load-balance
show etherchannel port-channel
show lacp neighbor
show lacp sys-id
debug lacp

Kind Regards
Paul

Please reply with the solution as I might be having this same problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: