Views
Helpful
Replies

lacp etherchannel

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have a single 4500 connecting to two non-cisco devices. We need to enable port channelling or link aggregation between these two.

The links are carrying mulitple vlans , hence are trunked and the ip address on either side is used for routing.

From each of the two non-cisco device, i am taking 2 ports each to connect to the 4500.

On each  non-cisco device side, two ports will bundle together as one aggregated interface (ae1) and the other will be called ae2.

my query is how do i do the configuration for etherchannel on the cisco 4500 side , as it will need two different Po's( port channels).

I need a single ip address on both sides of port channel to be present for routing.

Appreciate all help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Suthomas1,

you need to configure two L2 LACP bundles with different channel group numbers X and Y.

channel group X on interfaces to device1

channel group Y on intefaces to device2

Both bundles will carry the same set of Vlans ( permitted vlans on trunk) this will allow to connect the two non cisco devices through the C4500.

>> I need a single ip address on both sides of port channel to be present for routing.

You can use an SVI associated to a vlan permitted over the trunk bundles for this.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Suthomas1,

you need to configure two L2 LACP bundles with different channel group numbers X and Y.

channel group X on interfaces to device1

channel group Y on intefaces to device2

Both bundles will carry the same set of Vlans ( permitted vlans on trunk) this will allow to connect the two non cisco devices through the C4500.

>> I need a single ip address on both sides of port channel to be present for routing.

You can use an SVI associated to a vlan permitted over the trunk bundles for this.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

SW1

interface range fa0/1 - 2
channel-grup 1 mode active

interface port-channel 1

interface range fa0/3 - 4
channel-grup 2 mode active

interface port-channel 2

SW2

interface range fa0/1-2
channel-group 1 mode passive