Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP on ISR G2 1921: How ?

sylvain.munaut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to have a redundant link from the 1921s to my switch stack. So I was thinking of LACP.

The Cisco feature navigator clearly lists this for 15.1(4)M on 1921 platform :

Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) (802.3ad) for Gigabit Interfaces

So this should clearly be supported but somehow I can't find how to do it ...

Currently I managed to configure a 'static / forced' one with:

interface Port-channel1

ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

channel-group 1

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

channel-group 1

But I can't figure how to enable LACP ...

Some guides said I must use channel-group 1 mode active . But this doesn't seem to exist here. Some other said to use this but on the Port-Channel interface, again no luck ..

So how is this configured ?

Cheers,

Sylvain Munaut

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sylvain,

LACP might be supported only on etherswitch modules and not on the built-in ports

I would expect this.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/lanswitch/configuration/15-1mt/Cisco_HWIC-4ESW_and_HWIC-D-9ESW_EtherSwitch_Interface_Cards.html#GUID-0A778F20-4F4A-48F9-A20D-F345EA58F0C6

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sylvain,

LACP might be supported only on etherswitch modules and not on the built-in ports

I would expect this.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/lanswitch/configuration/15-1mt/Cisco_HWIC-4ESW_and_HWIC-D-9ESW_EtherSwitch_Interface_Cards.html#GUID-0A778F20-4F4A-48F9-A20D-F345EA58F0C6

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Turns out you're right ... I do find this a little surprising because etherchannel works, only LACP negatiation doesn't and I would have expected they could do it entirely in software ... (I mean a standard PC with two NICs can do it ...)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card