Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN design?

robertsturt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've been involved in the design of WAN's for some time now with the demarcation as the Ethernet of the customers edge device.

However, I am now involved in a project where I need to be aware of the LAN in terms of design from the ground up for an office with 1000 people over 3 floors with voice, data and various departments.

In terms of Cisco Press, which book would you recommend reading to provide some thoughts and ideas?  I find the CCDA / CCNA books cover hierarchal design but there's not enough detail on scenarios..

Rob.

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without  consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no     implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Have you looked over Cisco's LAN design guides available on their web site?

ccube
Level 1
Level 1

Per the disclaimer mentioned in this post...

I would start here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/design/guide/idg4.html

A number of different related topics are discussed....

Hth,

Cary

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card