Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency inbtween Nexus 7K - 6509

rj.kapildev
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

Emergence of this strange issue in our network, made us to go disturbed a lot . . .

Enabling L3 switch interface conecting to Nexus 7K, increases latency inbetween this as well traffic passing on through it.

Checking interface of L3 switch found no errors, broadcasts. Although rxload as 40/255 which is totally genuine & its line card is WS-X6748-GE-TX with sup WS-SUP720-BASE

As similar in Nexus no errors, broadcast with txload obviously, line card is N7K-M148GS-11L & its sup is N7K-SUP1.

By the by the switch CPU is absolutely normal.

Could please share the guess behind tis latency, would be helpful to a maximum extent.

Regards

Kapil

1 Reply 1

MURRAY CHAPMAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kapil,

Is this a single 1 gig interface between the 6509 and the Nexus 7K?  If it's a team of interfaces what ports are you using?  I am wondering if you are running into an issue with the number of teamed ports sharing an ASIC on the card.  I believe this line card in the 6509 uses 1 ASIC for every 8 ports, 6 ASIC total. So if you are using lets say a team of 4 ports on ports 1 - 4 you may want to try ports 1, 9, 17, 25 instead.  All I can think of.

Murray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card