cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

layer 2 trunk ports went down due to cisco 4500 core switch !!!

Rohit saurav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

My 2 Layer 2 2960 switchTrunk Ports went down due to cisco 4500 switch. It happening everytime . I rebbot the switch 4500 . then problem disappears but after sometime facing same issue.

Please help.

5 Replies 5

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When you say that the ports went down you mean that you lost connecitvity? Do you see any errors on the logs? Can you may be post the running configuration of the interfaces involved from both switches?

Regards,

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you provide a little more info on how these switches are connected together?

Can you also post "sh run" from both switches?

Better i can provide complete logs and sh run interface output by tomorrow . thanks for the interest.

can it be spanning tree loop issue.???? that making the other device trunk ports down.

Hard to tell without a drawing and config, but It sounds like a spanning tree issue.

My 2 Layer 2 2960 switchTrunk Ports went down due to cisco 4500 switch. It happening everytime . I rebbot the switch 4500 . then problem disappears but after sometime facing same issue.

Hmmmm ... You won't be able to determine anything if you won't provide any addition information.  I mean what do you mean by "went down"?  Did the port go into "error disable"? 

If it went into error disable, console in both switches and post the output to the command "sh interface status err".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card