Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 on switch dhcp

burhaans28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am doing routing on layer 3 

my dhcp is on router from that i want to get dhcp on pc which are on different vlan

i Have created svi on switch1 vlan 10 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 and added ip helper 30.0.0.1 vlan 20 20.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 and added ip helper 30.0.0.1 all links are layer three and i have router eigrp on switch and router 

router eigrp 100

network x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

this i wrote every int in this topology can ping each other 

But i am not getting any ip on pc only appa is coming 

Please assist me

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Is the link between sw1 and sw2 a routed link? The diagram seems to suggest that it is and uses network 1.0.0.0. Is that correct? The diagram suggests that address 10.0.0.1 is on sw1. Is that correct? If so it is a problem. The svi with the gateway address needs to be on the switch where the vlan ports are. So put it in sw2 or sw3.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

Thank you for confirming that the link between sw1 and sw2 is a routed link. To solve the issue move the svi with addresses 10.0.0.1 and 20.0.0.1 from sw1 to sw2. Also move the help addresses from sw1 to sw2.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

burhaans28
Level 1
Level 1

phase2.JPG

Is the link between sw1 and sw2 a routed link? The diagram seems to suggest that it is and uses network 1.0.0.0. Is that correct? The diagram suggests that address 10.0.0.1 is on sw1. Is that correct? If so it is a problem. The svi with the gateway address needs to be on the switch where the vlan ports are. So put it in sw2 or sw3.

HTH

Rick

link between sw1 and sw2 a routed link is routed link

The diagram seems to suggest that it is and uses network 1.0.0.0. Is that correct?

yes between switch 1 and switch 2

The diagram suggests that address 10.0.0.1 is on sw1. Is that correct?

yes

Thank you for confirming that the link between sw1 and sw2 is a routed link. To solve the issue move the svi with addresses 10.0.0.1 and 20.0.0.1 from sw1 to sw2. Also move the help addresses from sw1 to sw2.

HTH

Rick

Thanks a lot @Richard Burts its working .

You are welcome. Good to know that it is working. I am glad that my suggestions have been helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: