Views
Helpful
Replies

Licencing errors on switches

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

All of a sudden we have started to receive lots of errors on our switches about licences, we purchased 3 year DNA with them which may have expired now, we will not be renewing as we do not use DNA.

How do I stop these errors from being logged ?

The switches are allowed out to the portal.

019245: Mar 10 07:51:02.120: %SMART_LIC-3-COMM_FAILED: Communications failure with the Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) : Fail to send out Call Home HTTP message.
019246: Mar 10 07:51:02.121: %SMART_LIC-3-AUTH_RENEW_FAILED: Authorization renewal with the Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) : Communication message send error for udi PID:C9200L-48P-4X,SN:JAE25160FZY
019247: Mar 10 07:52:14.006: %CALL_HOME-5-SL_MESSAGE_FAILED: Fail to send out Smart Licensing message to: https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService (ERR 205 : Request Aborted)
019248: Mar 10 07:52:14.007: %SMART_LIC-3-COMM_FAILED: Communications failure with the Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) : Fail to send out Call Home HTTP message.

show licence status

License Authorization:
Last Communication Attempt: PENDING on Mar 10 07:58:45 2022 UTC
Failure reason: Waiting for reply

5 Replies 5

Device need internet access to contact cisco Smart license system to renew its periodic renewal process

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi, They do have internet access. I can see them reaching out to tools.cisco.com on my firewall

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check troubleshoot steps : ( what version of code running, what License you have)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9500-series-switches/214484-cisco-smart-licensing-troubleshooting.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I found the below in another thread. Try and configure the below (in config mode):

- license smart transport callhome
- token duration
- license smart trust idtoken <insert token here> local force

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card