cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing For hardware

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

I purchase a 2960x with 15.0 LANBASE IOS on it. I have paid for the hardware and software license. I do not want to purchase smartnet, so does that mean I will not have the ability to update this 15.0 LANBASE IOS to lets say 15.2 LANBASE?

I understand I need to purchase a new license if I want to go to IPBASE i need to purchase a new license, but do I need to hold smartnet to get the updated versions to my current already purchased IOS?

3 Replies 3

Hi Steven,

If you want to download an IOS through the Cisco website you need a valid contract, have expressed your inquiry to your authorized Cisco vendor?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I think I am right when i agree with you and feel the same way but the bean counters want to make sure.

The Cisco partners can provide you a solution for your requirements. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card