cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link sTate Tracking - C9300

charliegray
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to configure Link state tracking on C9300 switches to monitor the switch up links so that the switch can auto err-disable the down link ports when the up links PO in down.

i cannot find the link state commands.

Does C9000 support Link state tracking?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Charlie
what model did you take those commands off , they look like blade commands we use them too on the Dell and HP chassis with Cisco switches inserted in them 3032 models etc, the 9ks is an ios-xe not ios the syntax will be different , you wont get those exact commands

View solution in original post

Hello

@charliegray wrote:

I dont think it does , Object tracking (line-protocol, ipsla, route etc..) as @Reza Sharifi pointed out would be applicable

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this the command you are looking for?

example:

track 2 interface TenGigabitEthernetx/x/x line-protocol

HTH

link state track 1

interface Port-channel1

link state group 1 upstream

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11

link state group 1 downstream

Hi Charlie
what model did you take those commands off , they look like blade commands we use them too on the Dell and HP chassis with Cisco switches inserted in them 3032 models etc, the 9ks is an ios-xe not ios the syntax will be different , you wont get those exact commands

C2960X switches.

so if link state tracking commands not available in C9300, how / what commands to use to achieve the equivalent ???

charliegray,

Ten years ago or so I wrote an EEM script for the Catalyst 6500 for this very purpose. I have attached the files associated with that script. I used Syslog message parsing to determine when both uplinks were down. I believe this should be available on the Catalyst 9300 as long as you have the license for EEM.

Cheers,
Scott

Hello

@charliegray wrote:

I dont think it does , Object tracking (line-protocol, ipsla, route etc..) as @Reza Sharifi pointed out would be applicable

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Yes as Paul and Reza have pointed out line protocol tracking could be used to monitor physical links

here is an official config guide for object tracking on the 9300 series running Everest
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp/configuration/xe-16-6/iap-xe-16-6-book/iap-eot.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: