cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Linksys RV082 Syslog Email Issues

Hello everyone. I apologize if this doesn't end up in the right spot, I'm new around here so take it easy

I'll get right to it: The backbone of my (very) small business network is a Linksys RV082 8 port VPN router. I have tried to implement the feature in this router that emails the syslogs directly to me every so often. The trouble I have is, my email server here is not in our LAN. It is hosted by our web service provider, and requires authentication to access. The web admin interface gives me fields to input the server name and email address to send to, but nothing else. Is this router simply not capable of emailing through an authenticated SMTP server? I can't find anything in the manual relating to this.

As an aside, this problem came about as I was investigating the reasons behind our recurrent failure of the router. Several times over the last two weeks, I walk into the shop, only to find that the router needs to be reset again. Problems go away after reboot, and it works fine for a day or two. I haven't found anything unusual in the logs just yet (such as looping traffic, other overloads), so I was hoping to set up the auto log email feature so I could be notified when the failure actually happens again.

Any advice, experience, and/or insight you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-JB

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad