Views
Helpful
Replies

LLW & E-LLW - Warranty Question,

pmcallion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can answer this straight forward warranty question.

This is the scenario,

As a Cisco Partner we sell a Catalyst switch which has a "Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty" to a client who doesn't want to purchase Smartnet.

I understand they get 90 days TAC included however if the switch fails after say 18months can we on behalf of the our client RMA the switch even though it isn't covered by smartnet?

Partner helpline tell me this is not the case and that the switch will only be replaced if it has smartnet??

If this is not true how, as a partner, do we utilize this E-LLW if we cannot open a TAC request without a valid contract?

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The customer would have to open a TAC case and reference the warranty. Cisco has up to 10 business days to replace the switch. If the customer needs it replaced quicker than that, they then need SmartNet.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The customer would have to open a TAC case and reference the warranty. Cisco has up to 10 business days to replace the switch. If the customer needs it replaced quicker than that, they then need SmartNet.

HTH

Thanks Collin for the reply.

How does the client open a TAC without a smartnet or am I missing something?

In the past Cisco don't want to know you until you supply a contract number.

So to clarify, if a client purchases a switch which fails after the 90 day warranty Cisco will offer a warranty replacement within 10days for the life of the product without smartnet?

Paul

You have to call TAC. Then state you have failed hardware inside the warranty date. They will verify and then open a case for you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html#telephone

And yes you are correct on your last statement.

elee
Level 1
Level 1

Next-day replacement

Hardware replacement:  Cisco or its service center will use commercially reasonable efforts to ship a replacement part for next-day replacement.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/warranty_qa_guest.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card