cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

logTIME1: mismatch Syslog message?

jwornstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Been receiving the following syslog messages on a 3945 ISR and have no idea what it is referring to and can't find one scrap of information on the syslog message.

Apr 19 12:50:42.471: logTIME1: mismatch 16 18 55970 <--> 16 18 55969
Apr 19 12:51:12.466: logTIME1: mismatch 16 18 55971 <--> 16 18 55970
Apr 19 12:51:42.470: logTIME1: mismatch 16 18 55972 <--> 16 18 55971

As you can see the appear about every 30sec and the last couple of numbers escalate.

I thought orginal it was NTP related but I removed NTP settings and they still reappear. I re-configure NTP and resync and both system time and NTP time are correct.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

try this

service timestamps log datetime localtime

if that doesn't work try manually set the timezone

I already have that set. This router/sw module has been functioning with same config since last recap a couple years ago. So nothing really changed, accept a recent trunk port brought up to an external (outside our domain) who is apparently doing a L2 pseudo wire connection to us. But I also shutdown that link and still receiving the error.

Is this causing an issue at all effecting the router or  giving false times in logs ? 

have you tried a reload incase some process is stuck either

You could block it from logs if its not using discriminator if its flooding your logging

You could also try upgrade the software in case you triggered some weird cosmetic bug

Just this one out of 6 in this particular network.

Going to try reload, but have to wait several weeks for maintenance window.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card