cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for appropriate cisco switch

WangSteven02215
Level 1
Level 1

As shown in the figure, Catalyst 9500 Switch and log server are installed in Cyber Security Operation Center. I need to buy a switch to transmit syslog in each system, but I don't know what switch would be best. (The place marked multi-layer switch in the figure is where the new switch will be placed) For reference, L2 and L3 switches from various manufacturers such as HP and Ruggedcom are used for each system. Also, the new switch must be received optic signal because of long distance. Could you please recommend switch for this configuration?

Cisco Network Switch.JPG

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we have already recommended it on the below thread? - is there anything new you looking for other than this?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/recommendation-for-switch/td-p/4185369

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for reply.

You said that if L2 switch is used in system, 9500 would be doing well. However, there are L2 and L3 switch in the system A ~ N. 

I don't know which switch to use because of this reason.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 9200 / Cat 9300 recommended in A and N place, again this recommendation based on the input and diagram, is this what you are looking?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card