cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management connection is lost when I connect to a 2960G switch

slizarraga
Level 1
Level 1

I have some 2960G switches that use an ACS server. When I try to connect to them using ssh I get the prompt and I usually have type to type my username, some seconds after the connection is lost. When I log using console, sometimes I type fast my username and password and I log in, sometimes when I take some more seconds (or type it incorrectly), I can only log on using the local password. The effect of trying to log in is that the management interface stops responding, the monitoring system also sees the interface as not responding icmp packets. Anyway, the switch continues working except for management.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some versions of ACS are very buggy. I would look into upgrading to a different version and test again.

Also, if you have a service contract on the ACS, open a ticket and bring it to TACs attention.

HTH

Thanks for your reply Reza. I really think this has to do more with the switches. I have almost 150 and that happens only for some 10 or 12 switches, all of them 2960G (none of them 2960S).

Sorry, I was under the impression that this is happening with all your switches and not only a certain model.  Is the config the same for both switch models? If the config is correct, then you may want to look at upgrading one of the 2960Gs and test it with ACS.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card