Views
Helpful
Replies

Max filesize in kron and event manager TFTP Backup

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are made every Saturday a backup of the configuration with a kron script. We have (in this example) a 2 stack catalyst 3850 switch.

kron occurrence Backup at 10:12 Sat recurring
 policy-list Backup
!
kron policy-list Backup
 cli copy system:/running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/<hostname>-confg

The backup is successfull, but the filesize of the Backup on the TFTP server is 64 kB, and stops in the configuration with Interface GigabitEthernet 2/0/47. The BAckup is not completed and useless for restoring.

I try it with a script in the event manager, but the result is the same. Filesize on the TFTP server is 64 kB, and useless for restoring.

If I made a backup via the cli the filezise will be 70 kB and complete and usefull for restoring.

TFTP configuration on the switch:

ip tftp source-interface Vlanxxx
ip tftp blocksize 8192

We have some older CAT4500 series switches and they have a config of 322 kB and they arrived complete on the TFTP

Has anyone some suggestions or a golden tip.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the TFTP Server you using ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

SolarWinds TFTP server

Hello,

the blocksize is client initiated, SolarWinds will take whatever is configured. I would go with 1400...

1400 can be a good solution, so it will be in 1 packet. But i think it's not the reason while in a script de filesize on the tftp server will be 64 kB.

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

In the last few months I let it some resting, but the problem is stil there.

all Backups from a Stack are bigger then 64 KB, but on the TFTP Server I recieve 64KB.

Maybe there is some new here who knows the problem.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco