Views
Helpful
Replies

Max speed support on serial 2503

suresharja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a router cisco 2503, I need to know what is Max. speed supported on serial interface? Presently we have 128KB leased line, and want to know weather I can upgrade the leased line to 256K with the same router ?

THanks,

A.S

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Cisco 2503 contains Synchronous Serial ports which basically supports either 64K or 128K.

We normally see synchronous ports in WIC - 4AS/8AS bundle where you got the option to operate only either in 64k or 128k.

regds

Hello,

if you are referring to the two serial interfaces on your 2503, these are high-speed serial interfaces, which support speeds up to 2048kbps, or roughly 2MB.

Check this link for more details:

Cisco 2503 Router

http://www.manucomp.com/cisco_catalogue/cisco_2503_router.html

HTH,

GP

Not saying you are wrong or anything without reading your link, but the high speed interfaces support 4, not 2.

I believe it is a question of being careful with terminology. The high speed serial interfaces support up to E1 rates (2048) in each direction or a total of 4 Mb bidirectional total throughput.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: