cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixed version/Switch stack 3750x and 3750g

favyan asia
Level 1
Level 1

These 2 3750X switches will have 2 3750g-12s-s switches connected in a stackwise loop at some point. Problem i see is the latest version available for download for the G switches is 12.2-55 SE10.  Will running a mixed versions work in the full 4 switch stack or do i need to downgrade the 3750X switches to an earlier version?

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image
------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------
     1 30    WS-C3750X-24       12.2(58)SE2           C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M
*    2 30    WS-C3750X-24       12.2(58)SE2           C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I would recommend you downgrade, although I also recommend avoiding mixing StackWise and StackWisePlus switches.

Thank you

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the stack to work correctly, all devices need to have the same version of IOS.

I also agree with Joe that you should not mix different type of stacking cables.

So, one stack for the 3750x and one stack for 3750g

HTH

Thanks. Looks like we are going to split them into 2 stacks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card