Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixing C9300-24UX-A and C9300-24UX-E in a stack

Can I mix these two switches in a stack?   I am only using the Network Essentials features.   Since they are used I will not be able to get Cisco support, so before I create a stack with my existing C9300-24UX-E by adding a C9300-24UX-A, I wanted to make sure this will work.   I don't want to waste $1,500 - $2,000 on ebay.   What is interesting a used C9300-24UX-A is considerably cheaper than a C9300-24UX-E on ebay.

Thx

Bryan

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can stack them as long as both has same IOS feature set and Licenses.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So I would need to downgrade the C9300-24UX-A to Network Essentials?   How would I do that?

You may not need to do anything with the license. issue the command "sh ver" on both switches and look for something like this in the output 

Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
network-essentials Permanent network-essentials

If they are both network-essentials than simply make sure you have the same IOS installed on both switches before stacking them.

HTH

As suggested the only you need to look for stacking is the same version, same licenses, which described how to do on another post.

there is a good document i found how to stack - its nice and clear explanation - for reference.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card