Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Model number: WS-C3524-XL-EN

mgalla3327
Beginner
Beginner

Could someone let me know the latest OS release for this Model number: WS-C3524-XL-EN switch. I currently am running Version 12.0(5)WC17

The reason is, I'm having some issues installing some HP PC's connected to this switch. The nic card on the HP flaps up and down, disconnects/reconnects continuously. The only way I get it to stop is to bring down the speed on NIC or the switch port to 10mbs.

If I add a nic card and disable the system board nic all is well.

The HP rep says that Cisco has a patch for this unit.

Does anyone know of a recent patch or what the latest OS is for this switch?

Or maybe someone has ran into this issue before and can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

14 REPLIES 14

Mohamad Qayoom
Participant
Participant

Did you replace patch cables?

The cable has been replaced from the PC to the wall jack but I do not believe from the Patch Panel to the Switch

I would try replacing all patch cables.

Also, when you connect something other than this HP machine, do you run into some issues?

What we're doing is rolling out new HP PCs. When we put back the original pc all is well. When we add a nic card to the pc all is well. We have several hundred of these to replace and so far we've tested around 5-10 and they are all giving the same results. We are seeing this on other switches ( same model ) and obviously different ports.

Ah, it's obviously not a cabling issue. I'll look around to see if I can find a solution.