Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Sup-10G VSS from 6509 to 6513

ncfb-awarsame
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts

I need your input on to best move Sup modules from 6509 to 6513 and preserve the VSS configurations.

Basically I'm upgrading 6513s which are the core of my production network.  6509s are in lab, so I install SUPs on 6509 and configured them and tested.

Now I need to move them to 6513s, without repeating all the work, most importally to minimise the down time.  the lab configuration is identical to production; line cares are the same, execpt slot numbers are different which will affect port numbers.

I really appreciate your input.

thank you.

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You defiantly need an outage window to do this, because most likely you have to reboot the switches more then once to get it working.

I have only done it with 6509 and never moved the config/Sup from 6509 to any other model.  As you noted the port and module numbering changes and you may have to make some changes to make them work in the 6513 chassis.  I would have a back up plan in case things do not work the way they should.

Good Luck,

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card