Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-chassis Etherchannel between a 3750 stack and a pair of Nexus 7K

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I've got a scenario and am hoping someone can help me clarify if this is a workable scenario. I have a stack of 3750 switches and a pair of Nexus 7k and I am looking to connect them via Multi-chassis etherchannel but not sure if this is doable (please see attached diagram).

I am in the process of swapping out my 6500 chassis with a pair of N7K and as of today I understand vPC is only supported between N7K and N5K and the N5K is really over kill for what I need. So I am looking into other alternative beside the N5K for my rack switches.The 3750 or the 4900 series would work for me if I can run Multi-chassis etherchannel to a pair of N7K.

Thanks in advance !!!

D.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Provided you can have an etherchannel between your 3750 stack, then this will work, just remember to configure vPC on the port-channel on the 7k side.

View solution in original post

Yes absolutly, as long as your port-channel on your 7k pair has the same vPC # then both 7K will be seen as one switch from the 3750 stack point of vue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Provided you can have an etherchannel between your 3750 stack, then this will work, just remember to configure vPC on the port-channel on the 7k side.

Hello Lucien !!! Thanks for helping me out !!!

Yes, I'll be running Etherchannel between the CAT 3750 and the N7K, and vPC between the two N7K's. My question is. Is it possible to have two 10GB ports on two separate switches (one from each switch) in a 3750 stack in an Etherchannel (see diagram below)? From the 3750 perspective, it sees N7K's as one logical switch correct ? since vPC is running between the two N7K's, please confirm this for me !!

Thanks again !!! very much appreicate your help !!!

D.

Yes absolutly, as long as your port-channel on your 7k pair has the same vPC # then both 7K will be seen as one switch from the 3750 stack point of vue.

Hi Lucient,

Can you tell me if the setup below is supported ? Is this a workable solution ? I am not if multi-chassis etherchannel is supported on the 4948 series switches.

Thanks Lucient !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

D.

The toplogy above will not work because 4948s are not stackable.

You'd need a stack of 3750s, 3750Es or 3750Xs for that to work.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card