cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast traffic stops flowing

Desmond Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured multicast(ip pim dense-mode) on two 2911 that are connected by a Multilink( 3 Mbps)  Wan connection.

The configuration works fine for awhile and sometimes all day but at some point one of the Multilink interfaces stops passing multicast traffic.

I perform a SH Multilink 1 on the interfaces and one show multicast packets incrementing and one does not, it just stops.

The problem acts like there is a buffer that gets full and after that happens it just stops working.

Has anyone heard of this or seen this issue before?

Thanks,

Desmond

2 Replies 2

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Desmond,

You're posting on the Cisco Spanish Community,(Comunidad de Soporte de Cisco en  Español )

I suggest to post your question on the right community, in addition include IOS version of your network devices as we might need to desregard any possible bug or known behavior, I wish I had more ideas but it is been a while since I had to deal with multicast issues.

I hope you get your question address soon,

saludos!

Felix A

WAAS-TAC Support

Thank you that was a mistake.

Thanks for letting me know!

Desmond

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: