Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple authentication attempts - Wireless 802.1x

Jamie Hancock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a 5508 controller running 7.4.110.0. We have the intermittent problem of some clients having to input their details three times before authenticating.

We have conducted extensive troubleshooting without any success. We know that the process is not getting to our radius servers until the third attempt and then the client authenticates.

There is no correlation with OS or W-NIC vendor. We have a certain number of laptops that asks everyone who tries to access the wireless network three times for their credentials. We have four different types of AP 1131, 1141, 1600, 3600. The same problems happens when connecting to all four.

We have tried changing the EAP time-outs and it makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Kind regards,

Jamie.

4 Replies 4

Hello

We had an issue regards taccas authentication and after investigation the server timeout was set to low, As far as I know radius has the similar command, you could try that?

radius-server timeout xx

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have increased the Radius server timeout to 15 but it has made no difference.

I tried to explain in the initial message, the client isn't getting as far as the radius servers so we think it is unlikely that is the problem.

J.

Jamie

It does sound like an issue with the 802.1x supplicant on the laptops.

I would move this to the Wireless forums to be honest as they may well have seen this sort of thing before.

Jon

Hi, i also have the problem, Pls share the solution if ur issue resolved br/subho

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card