cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX Network Setup Query

BHconsultants88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me with this. I've attached a network diagram of my network setup but the problem I'm having is the MS120 devices are not connecting to the cloud nor am I getting internet connectivity from the MR42 device connected to the Netgear switch. Here's a summary of what I've done...

MX64 configured with 3 x vlans

vlan 1 - secure plant network

vlan 2 - office users (general internet)

vlan 3 - guest

Port 1 - trunk

Port 2 - access port

Port 3 - access port

Port 4 - access port

Port 1 connected via Ethernet cable to Port 24 of Netgear switch. Switchport 24 configured as trunk port. MR42 AP connected to Netgear port 22 - port configured as trunk port. SSID's are visible but no Internet connectivity.

MS120 connected to port 23 of Netgear switch - configured as trunk port.

I've checked the firewall rules and all appears to be ok. Is there anything from the above switchport configuration that would prevent this setup from working?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,

everything is connected in cascade in order to get internet access over your MX64.
If you don't see your Meraki devices in the cloud:
Just to make sure, even if you're doing a trunk, put your a vlan (which has internet access) as native vlan. Once every meraki devices get an IP and access the cloud, you will be able to change the config by setting a vlan tag. Otherwise, you need to connect manually on every devices to setup the network config.

For SSID:
You're saying your AP is broadcasting your SSIDs. If you connect a client on 1 of them, does this client get an IP address? How did you configure your SSID (clients as bridge, NAT, Tunnel to MX...) ?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello

@BHconsultants88 wrote:

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me with this. I've attached a network diagram of my network setup but the problem I'm having is the MS120 devices are not connecting to the cloud nor am I getting internet connectivity from the MR42

Not connecting to the cloud means that you have internet connectivity access issues, so i would first check to make sure your MX can reach the internet.

Is your MX  wan/internet port  connected towards the DSL router and are ports 1/2 possible trunk ports for internal networks.

I assume you've create/configured the addressing/vlans on the mx and are allowing access and firewall control through, do you also have any content filtering applied?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card