cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

my 831's seriously limited by upstream bandwidth

webintensive
Level 1
Level 1

i'm pretty sure this has something to do with my QoS policy, but i am not exactly sure what.

before i was able to pull close to the 384kbps allocated by roadrunner, but now, i'm getting from 50-112kbps.

here's my QoS section:

--------------------

class-map match-any warcraft

description warcraft

match access-group name warcraft

class-map match-any VoIP

match protocol rtp audio

class-map match-any normal_traffic

match protocol http

match protocol secure-http

match protocol dns

match protocol smtp

match protocol pop3

match protocol ntp

match protocol icmp

class-map match-any sip

match protocol sip

!

!

policy-map MyQoSPolicy

class VoIP

set dscp ef

bandwidth percent 24

class warcraft

priority 10

class normal_traffic

priority 20

class sip

priority 15

set dscp ef

class class-default

fair-queue

---------------

i thought this setup allocates, for example, 100kbps to the VoIP when needed, but frees that 100kbps when there's no VoIP traffic. from the looks of things, it seems as if that 100kbps is locked in its allocation.

2 Replies 2

network.king
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

Your QOS config is fine and your thought is also correct . In case if the bandwidth is free in a class , it could be used by any other class -- So that you get the full bandwidth .But in case of priority queing , it does a policing for the amount mentioned and that class cannot exceed the value mentioned.

So in case if your other bandwidth is free , your warraft class can utilise only 10% of the interface bandwidth configured .

Hope this helps

regards

vanesh k

thanks for your reply.

if this is the case, why don't i have access to the full 384k during idle times?

i can't get more than 112k at any one time.

is there a QoS config that i can apply to free-up more bandwidth during idle times?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: