Views
Helpful
Replies

MY CISCO 6800 IA CAN NOT JOIN TO THE PARENT

r.barba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a 6807XL with VS-SUP2T-10G, and the 10 Gbps Line Card WS-X6816-10GE, when I tried to provision the join of the 6800IA, I got theses errors.

CORE(config)#interface tengigabitethernet 1/1/1

CORE(config-if)#switchport mode fex-fabric

Command rejected: Mode fex fabric not allowed on non FEX capable slot

CORE(config-if)#channel-group 1 mode on

Command rejected (Port-channel1, Te1/1/1): Cannot be part of bundle, Non FEX Capable Slot

What should be the solution for it??

Regards

Rafael Barba

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Please rate and mark the post as answered so others can benefit from it.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Does your system meet all the requirement for FEX?

Q.    What are the different components of the Instant Access solution?
A.     The Instant Access solution requires new Cisco Catalyst 6800ia Instant Access clients and Cisco Catalyst 6500 or 6800 Series Switches (Instant Access parents) with Supervisor Engine 2T and WS-X6904-40G-2T line cards. Instant Access requires Cisco Catalyst 6500 or 6800 Series Switches configured for Virtual Switching System (VSS) mode, and we recommended having a pair of switches to provide the maximum level of redundancy and load balancing. Note: In networks where a pair of Cisco Catalyst 6500/6800 is not available, a single Cisco Catalyst 6500/6800 switch may be used when configured for VSS mode.

Link:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6800ia-switch/qa_c67-728684.html
HTH

Hello

No I don t meet all the requirements, because I have the Line Card WS-X6816-10G-2T instead WS-X6904-40G-2T.

Regards

RB

Hi,

Please rate and mark the post as answered so others can benefit from it.

Thanks

Hi Dear,

I have the same issue but my system meet all required for IA connections with 6807 xl vss switches

but the command: switchport mode fex-fabric is not recognized.

appreciate your urgent support here 

thank you.

Eng. Fareed

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card