Views
Helpful
Replies

my switch 3550 series cannot boot completely and cannot accept keyboard input

shallom11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I got a cisco switch 3550 series from ebay for my certification (CCNA) which I booted and reset and tested with basic configuration, and it worked well.

I used USB-to-Serial adapter changer for connection between switch console and my laptop.

And tera term terminal setting

baud=9600, data bit=8 , stop bit=1, parity=none and flow control=none.

but after trying to connect the 25pin serial port of my desktop PC to the switch using 25-9pin adapter, the switch wouldn't boot completely and hang/stop at the following display....

"00:00:34: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I5Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(11)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Copyright (c) 1986-2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 28-Aug-02 10:03 by antonino

00:00:36: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Vlan1, changed state to administratively down

00:00:37: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan1, changed state to down"

I have tried all I could the switch NEVER COMPLETED BOOTING AGAIN even in my laptop ( hp pavilion g, Win 7).

I have also tried with another laptop running Ubuntu 12.07 LTE with minicom properly set

Again I tried with MacBook running Lion OS X using the scipt ( >screen /dev/..... -correct location of ttyUSB) still the switch hangs

AND CAN NOT ACCEPT ANY KEYBOARD INPUT!!!!

please some one help!!!!

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts. 

Go here.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card